The 12 Best Quotes from Wayne’s World
1992 gave us some solid movie quotes: A Few Good Men has “You can’t handle the truth!”, A League of Their Own has “There’s no crying in baseball!”, My Cousin Vinny has “Did you say ‘yutes’?”, and Scent of a Woman has “Out of order? I’ll show you out of order!”. But Wayne’s World is easily the most quotable film of 1992 (unless, of course, you count singing along with Sister Act as “quoting”).
Much of the magic of Wayne’s World is thanks to its script by Myers and SNL husband-and-wife writing team (and later creators of That ‘70s Show and 3rd Rock from the Sun) Bonnie and Terry Turner. Its combination of slacker-comedy, irreverence, and zeitgeist defining references helped make it highly re-watchable, ensuring we’d still be quoting it almost 25 years later.
1. “Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?“ —Garth
2. “Garth, marriage is punishment for shoplifting in some countries.” —Wayne
3. "It will be mine. Oh yes. It will be mine." —Wayne
Wayne: I say hurl. If you blow chunks and she comes back, she's yours. But if you spew and she bolts, it was never meant to be.
5. Wayne: I'd have to say "asphinhtersayswhat?"
Noah Vanderhoff: What?
7. “If Benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.” —Garth
8. “It’s sucking my will to live!” —Garth
10. “We’re not worthy… we’re not worthy!” —Wayne and Garth to Alice Cooper
12. “Hello?! What do you think you're doing? Only me and Garth get to talk to the camera.” —Wayne