A Year In Film Podcast Returns With 24 New Episodes, Special Guest Hosts Starting April 13
Co-Hosts Becky Shrimpton, Cameron Maitland and Alicia Fletcher Welcome Canadian Critics and Filmmakers as They Revisit Four Great Years in Film History
Toronto. April 12, 2021 — Hollywood Suite announced today that the A Year in Film Podcast will launch its second season beginning tomorrow, April 13. An extension of the TV series of the same name (which debuted its own second season last December), this season will feature 24 episodes, which will be released on a weekly basis. Two thematically-linked films will be discussed each episode, with titles curated from the years 1975, 1986 1994, and 2000.
Back for another season of the podcast are co-hosts Becky Shrimpton, Alicia Fletcher, and Cameron Maitland. They will be joined by surprise special guest hosts throughout the season, including Canadian critic Carolyn Mauricette, writer and programmer Kier-La Janisse, and The Important Cinema Club hosts Justin Decloux and Will Sloan.
The first two episodes of Season 2 cover 1975 films The Day of the Locust, At Long Last Love, Rollerball and Death Race 2000, and will be released on the 13th, with the remaining episodes following weekly on Tuesdays. All episodes will be available on Spotify, Apple Podcasts and wherever else you find podcasts.
See the full episode list below. Please note that episode titles and films featured are subject to change.
- Day of the Locust & At Long Last Love: Old Hollywood Unhinged
- Rollerball & Death Race 2000: Dystopias
- Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS & Gina: Canuxploitation
- Mahogany & Cooley High: Black Rep
- Tommy & Lisztomania: The Who
- The Passenger & Seven Beauties: Viva Italia
- Labyrinth & Legend: Dark Fantasies
- Night of the Creeps & Invaders from Mars: Comic Book Horror
- Heavy Metal Parking Lot & Trick or Treat: Metal Heads
- The Great Mouse Detective & An American Tail: House of Mouse
- The Boy in Blue & Flying: Canadian Sports
- Blue Velvet & The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2: The New American Gothic
- Muriel’s Wedding & The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert: Australian Quirk
- The Flintstones & The Little Rascals: Old IP
- The Shadow & Radioland Murders: Radio Days
- Wolf & Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein: Return of the Monster
- Shallow Grave & Four Weddings and a Funeral: British Invasion
- In the Mouth of Madness & Cemetery Man: It Creeps
- Cecil B. Demented & But I’m a Cheerleader: Queer Counter Culture
- Mission to Mars & Red Planet: Baroque Space
- Godzilla 2000 & Dracula 2000: The Millennial Monster
- Girlfight & Love and Basketball: Women in Sports
- Bamboozled & Nurse Betty: Cutting Comedies
- Bring it On! & Center Stage: Werk It
ABOUT HOLLYWOOD SUITE
Hollywood Suite owns and operates four exclusive HD channels featuring the iconic movies that defined the 70s, 80s, 90s and 2000s, plus essential Hollywood classics from the Golden Age, always uncut and commercial-free. With hundreds of movies every month on four HD channels and Hollywood Suite On-Demand, Hollywood Suite provides an unparalleled value to consumers.
Hollywood Suite is available to over 10 million households across Canada, exclusively through Canadian television service providers and Amazon Prime Video Channels. Visit hollywoodsuite.ca for more information.
For more information regarding Hollywood Suite, please contact:
ROUTE 504 PR