- Sun, 09/04/11 - 15:52
We may collect two types of information about our users – Personal Information and Non-Personal Information.
"Personal Information" means information about you as an individual. Examples include your name, mailing and e-mail addresses, telephone number, birth date, gender. Personal preferences such your favourite movie may also qualify as Personal Information if it is connected with other information that identifies you.
Personal Information is collected by us when you choose to provide it to us, such as when you enter a contest or promotion, become a member through our website, subscribe to any newsletters or other services or products we offer, respond to questionnaires or surveys, participate in any online activities or games, or contact us to make comments or ask questions.
We take particular care in the collection of Personal Information from children under the age of 13 and only collect the Personal Information from a child under 13 years of age to the extent that it is reasonably necessary to verify the child’s age, to administer the child’s participation in a contest or promotion and, if the child wins a prize, to contact the child’s parent or guardian.
“Non-Personal Information" is information of an anonymous nature that cannot be associated with, or traced back to, a specific person. Non-Personal Information includes your Internet protocol address, the domain you may have used to access our services, information about your computer’s operating system and web browser software, and the website you may have come from and visit next. Anonymous aggregated information, such as demographic statistics of our users (average age or geographical location), number of visitors and average time spent on our websites is also considered Non-Personal Information.
Non-Personal Information is collected or derived by us when you interact with our websites. We may use a browser feature, known as a "cookie", to monitor website usage, to measure user traffic and demographics, interests and patterns, to describe our services to third parties such as prospective business partners and advertisers and to determine how best to use our resources. For example, cookies help us remember who you are through your browser settings so that we can save passwords and preferences for you, allowing you not to have to re-enter them the next time you visit our websites.
A cookie is a small text file containing a unique identification number that is transferred through your browser from a website to the hard drive of your computer. Although the cookie identifies your browser, the cookie will not let a website know any Personal Information about you and we will not combine information in the cookie with Personal Information that would allow us to identify you individually. Since cookies are only text files, they cannot run on your computer, search your computer for other information or transmit any information to anyone. We do these activities to maintain the best possible websites and to allow for the best possible website experience for our users. No Personal Information will be disclosed during these activities.
USE OF INFORMATION
Personal Information may be used by us for the following purposes:
- If you indicated you are interested in receiving offers or information from us or certain of our advertisers or sponsors, to send you emails and other mailings about our services and products;
- To provide you with information requested by you;
- If you enter a contest or promotion, under the rules of such contest or promotion, to use your name and certain other Personal Information to administer the contest or promotion;
- If you subscribe to our online newsletter, to deliver the newsletter to you electronically;
- If you join any of our other online activities, to contact you to allow for such participation;
- To comply with any applicable law, rule or regulation.
Non-Personal Information may be used for the following purposes:
- To inform our sponsors, advertisers and suppliers as to the performance of a particular sponsorship/contest or advertisement or interest in their programs and services. In such case, only anonymous information in an aggregated form will be provided.
DISLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your Personal Information for internal purposes only. We will not sell, rent or trade in Personal Information.
We will only disclose your Personal Information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- As required by law, including by an order of any court or investigative body with jurisdiction or authority to compel the production of information, or in order to protect or defend a legal interest;
- Where you have specifically provided us your consent to disclose your Personal Information for a specific purpose;
- Where required in order to allow our agents, suppliers or service providers to provide you with our services and products. Such third parties are contractually bound to maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Information and are prohibited from using your Personal Information for any other purpose;
In order to protect the security of your Personal Information, never give out your password to others and remember to log out of your account and close your browser window when you are finished using our websites or surfing the Internet so that others using your computer will not have access to your information.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND ADVERTISEMENTS
ACCESSING, UPDATING AND CHANGING YOUR ACCOUNT AND QUESTIONS
If you wish to access, update or change any of your Personal Information, please contact:
Hollywood Suite Inc.
186 St. George Street, Suite 200
Attention: Kerry Connelly
(416) 323-1200 x 233
OPTING OUT / UNSUBSCRIBE
If at any time you decide you do not want to receive any email or other mailings for which you have subscribed, you may "opt out" or "unsubscribe" to these emails or mailings by hitting the "unsubscribe" button in any emails we send you or by sending us a notice by email or in writing to the person and at the address set forth above.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS